The Business Development Specialist is a position within the Programme Development and Quality Team.
The NBD Specialist will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our program strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively. The role has an external orientation, but also works very closely with SC Members and the Regional Office.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University education completed in areas of administration, economy, engineering or any social area with orientation to humanitarian work with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience in international cooperation, public policies, and results-based management.
Recommended 5 years experiences in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, food security, child poverty, and health and nutrition; experience in both development and complex emergencies preferred.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively with corporate or governmental stakeholders at all levels and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Fluency verbal and writing/editing in English and Spanish, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.