Business Linkages Expert
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The aim of the Regional Technical Assistance Facility is to contribute to an improved business enabling environment and investment climate, as well as to develop national and regional value chains and increased investments, innovation, trade and sustainable production and consumption patterns.
The facility will implement activities aimed to, inter alia:
- promote and strengthen inclusive public-private dialogue through capacity building;
- strengthen structured political and policy dialogue;
- contribute to market-based approaches to private sector development;
- strengthen capacity of MSMEs and young innovative entrepreneurs;
- promote women entrepreneurship;
- generate knowledge, studies and communication;
- analyse national/regional and support the development of value chains; and
- strengthen the capacity of regional bodies and national administrations to design and implement legal, regulatory, administrative and institutional reforms that promote trade, economic stability, conducive business environments, and attract investment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium are currently seeking a Business Linkages Expert, based in Brussels and will be responsible for matters related to business development, investment climate, and value chains development. The role will entail management of technical assistance related to:
- Strengthening capacity of public and private actors to develop value chains with the highest potential for green and inclusive growth and decent job creation;
- Improving the capacity of government, specialised agencies and laboratories as well as of private sector actors to address the issues of social, labour and environmental sustainability as well as transparency and traceability in value chains;
- Enhancing the capacity of women and young entrepreneurs to set up businesses and access the labour market through facilitating their access to vocational training, information (legal, administrative, technical), credit, incubators/business angels’ mechanisms, targeted support on tax regimes, land acquisition, quality of public services, judicial redress and anti-corruption mechanism.
- Degree (preferably post-graduate degree / Masters) in Business, Economics, Law, or other field relevant to the assignment
- Fluent English is a requirement (also possibly French as an asset?)
- Extensive general professional experience relevant to the sector (business advisory services, SME development, value chain development)
- Significant professional experience in business advisory and/or value chain development in the region (EA-SA-IO);
- Significant professional experience in assessing / improving business environments;
- Experience with market-led approaches to PSD (MSD, M4P, ecosystems approach, etc.);
- Experience working on projects / programmes targeted at women’s entrepreneurship and/or youth entrepreneurship;
- Experience in formulating and/or providing start-up support the SMEs;
- Senior level (Key Expert, or similar) experience on large-scale regional / multi-country projects will be an asset.