Job Title/Grade: Business Process Management Specialist (Grade 8)
Senior Business Process Management Specialist (Grade 9)
Business Process Management Manager (Grade 10)
Reports to: Director, Business Process Transformation
Department: Business Process Management
Date: July 24, 2018
Function of the Position:
The incumbent will work within the Business Process Management (BPM) unit to scope, plan and implement business process improvement projects focused on ensuring compliance, while also improving effectiveness and efficiency, in support of DAI’s USG business goals. The Business Process Specialist/Manager will ensure DAI’s policies and procedures are maintained and updated as needed, provide a number of quality assurance functions, provide project management expertise to other departments within the Bethesda office, and will conduct short term project management assignments in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities may include a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
Business Analysis (25%)
Conducts periodic analysis of business data as directed by the Director, Business Process Transformation. Provides strategic input and assistance in the development of departmental priorities.
Project Management (20%)
Develops BPM project plans, and facilitates working group sessions throughout all phases of the BPM process. Monitors, documents and presents process improvements. Mentors junior specialists or business analysts to develop skills in managing BPM projects. Meets with department representatives to discuss cross-department initiatives and facilitates the discussion of potential solutions for areas of inefficiency, bottlenecks, or waste. Ensures updates of DAI’s Operations Manual and Field Operations Manual as assigned. Works with the Delivery teams to ensure the content of the DAI Operations Manual and the Field Operations Manual are being consistently supported and trained.
Quality Assurance (30%)
Manages assigned quality control and assurance functions. Reports on and ensures compliance on those functions identified by the Director, BPM. Facilitates and maintains the company’s Schedule of Authorities. Conducts Quality Assurance reviews, trains Quality Assurance reviewers, and reports on the Quality Assurance Review Process for all project startups and closedowns. Works closely with OIMT to ensure Quality Assurance systems fit and support the company’s policies and procedures.
Corporate Initiatives (25%)
Participates in cross-group or corporate initiatives that aim at improving corporate competitiveness, service quality and cost savings. Supports knowledge management of corporate initiatives and best practices and works in conjunction with project management to facilitate training on best practice initiatives.
- Grade 8: 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 9: 7 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 10: 9 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 7 years’ experience of relevant professional experience, and a master’s degree.
- Experience providing administrative and management support to international donor- funded projects.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Previous experience working for DAI or other development organizations, including short or long term field experience.
- Experience in facilitating meetings, working groups, or large groups of people with varying opinions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in process improvement and quality assurance.
- Use of TAMIS on a project
- DAI Field operations experience preferred
- Experience developing operation manuals, policies, or procedures.
- USAID Contractor experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a second language
Supervisory Requirements: Not anticipated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.