Business Process Redesign (BPR) Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Business Process Redesign (BPR) Advisor is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and redesigning the public service delivery processes in selected government ministries to reduce bureaucracy, redundancy and complexity in government business processes. Work on the BPR team to develop action plans to implement the redesigned processes, support government teams in implementing the action plans, and monitor the impact of these changes.
· Assess, analyze, and manage the process simplification and redesign of public services in government line ministries and entities
· Study selected public service processes and map the current practices
· Simplify the existing processes in accordance with software needs and legal constraints
· Implement the simplified processes in close coordination with the relevant government agencies
· Prepare internal regulations for each redesigned public service process, approved by the relevant government agencies
· Write comprehensive reports regarding the simplification and implementation of the public service processes
· Develop and support the implementation of effective monitoring mechanisms in government agencies where public service processes have been redesigned
· Develop and support the implementation of public satisfaction surveys on the redesigned public services
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· A minimum of five years of experience working in or with government entities on public sector reform or business process redesign is required
· Track record of working effectively with government agencies and facilitating change
· Knowledge of public services delivery reform processes
· Knowledge of business process redesign
· Skills in the use of process mapping/process redesigning software, database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
· Outstanding teamwork skills
· Proactive problem solver with positive attitude
· Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and write reports
· Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
· Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
· Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.