Maxwell Stamp PLC (MSP) is preparing to bid for the DFID-funded project: “Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE)”. This programme intends to contribute to the objective of an ‘Ethiopia that is more resilient to climate and humanitarian shocks’. As part of this objective MSP will in particular support the ‘Government of Ethiopia (through technical assistance) to lead and deliver an effective, more self-financed and accountable response to climate and humanitarian shocks.’
Maxwell Stamp PLC is looking for long and short term consultants who display one or more of the following competencies:
- Individuals who have held leadership roles, either as a Team Leader or Chief of Party, on a successfully implemented programme in Ethiopia or in a similar context
- Those who have a background in humanitarian response, and a knowledge of shock responsive Government Systems. Experience in Ethiopia or a similar context would be preferable.
- Capacity-building experts with a proven track record in supporting governmental counterparts. Who can demonstrate an ability to convene and build trust among ministries, as well as organise training to support ministerial development plans.
- Individuals with a proven capability to collaborate with partners and influence wide ranging stakeholders at senior level, including Governments, UN agencies, NGOs and other private sector partners
- Experienced Public Financial Management experts who have provided technical assistance to government ministries, within a humanitarian emergency context
- Monitoring and Evaluation experts who have supported governments to improve their internal systems and processes (monitoring tools and relevant indicators) in order to better manage and respond to emergencies
- Disaster Risk Management specialists who can analyse and support the development of relevant policy, institutional, and regulatory frameworks, as well as build the capacity of government counterparts
- Health experts who have a track record in delivering technical assistance to health ministries and organisations, specifically on emergency health responses
- Professionals with a proven track record of working on gender and/or other vulnerable groups in humanitarian emergencies.
- Governance Advisers who have strong understanding of the political and institutional environments within the humanitarian sector, preferably with experience with the Government of Ethiopia
- Operations Directors who have taken responsibility in managing the timely delivery of large programmatic outputs and achieved project results in accordance to timeframes.
If interested, please submit your CV to email@example.com
If you haven’t heard from us within two to three weeks please consider that your application will not be taken through to the next stage. We receive too many applications to give individual feedback.
About the Organization
Maxwell Stamp PLC (MSP) is a development consultancy firm that provides technical expertise and managerial oversight for the implementation of donor-funded development projects in both developing and transitional economies across the globe.
The central goal in all MSPs work in developing countries, is the promotion of broad based and pro-poor economic growth. Primarily our work is financed by the leading international development agencies including the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development and the European Commission.
MSP was established in 1959, since then the company has expanded into a global group and boasts experience in over 170 countries as well as offices in Dhaka, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh with project offices around the world.