Call for experts in Sustainable Urbanization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objectives of the Programme:
The specific objective for Sustainable Urbanization is to assist Chinese cities in adopting energy and resource efficient ecological solutions by sharing with China experiences in European sustainable urbanization and other relevant policies.
Experience in the following areas:
- An appropriate support mechanism enhancing networking between European and Chinese cities and Advising and assisting Chinese municipalities on urban ecological/low carbon planning and management
- Strengthening capacities of municipalities to plan, identify, implement and monitor low carbon and ecological solutions
- Preparation of low carbon eco-city management tool boxes for local governments
- Experience in the planning, design and engineering, and delivery of low carbon / eco city schemes in the EU or China
- Improving exchange of information and knowledge sharing between municipalities in China, and between Chinese and European cities
- Advisory services to municipalities on innovative financing mechanisms to deliver eco/low carbon solutions
- Knowledge management and dissemination of project and program results related to urban ecological/low carbon city planning and management, within China and regionally or internationally
Graduate or post Graduate degree in Urban Planning, Energy, Landscape and Ecology, Sustainability, or related discipline
How to apply:
Deadline for Application:
31st January 2013