DAI seeks Chief of Party (COP)/Program Director candidates for the anticipated USAID Innovation Based Economy project in Belarus. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project;
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Belarus counterparts, and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Ensure that project activities are meeting USAID and stakeholder expectations, and that project results are proactively disseminated;
- Manage long-term and short-term expatriate and local staff in achieving project results;
- Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans, negotiate an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner organizations;
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports, in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, JD) preferred; or extensive business experience and BA to be considered;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex projects;
- Technical knowledge and experience in economic development, trade, entrepreneurship, business acceleration and/or value chain competitiveness initiatives;
- 5 years prior successful experience managing, as Chief of Party, USAID or other donor- supported development projects;
- Knowledge of USAID or other donor planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure;
- Experience working with host-country government officials preferred;
- Written and oral fluency in English is required; Russian language preferred.
Please send your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.