C/Can is seeking a Capacity Development Coordinator to implement our diverse portfolio of capacity development initiatives for city stakeholders. The candidate will have broad-ranging responsibilities from managing the overall development and content delivery of knowledge exchange programmes, to supporting implementation of innovative learning technologies. There will also be opportunities to contribute to implementation research through the dissemination of learnings and best practices garnered from C/Can’s global network of cities.
- Coordinate C/Can Capacity development initiatives and programmes that include e-learning, workshops, fellowships, scientific exchanges and other types of training.
- Identify city training needs and requirements through qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Support the development and design of the training programmes and initiatives.
- Create, share & update an annual & quarterly training plan to guarantee engagement and participation from all C/Can staff engaged and city stakeholders.
- Coordinate participation and engagement of city stakeholders.
- Coordinate the experts’ engagement and preparedness.
- Schedule training sessions, organise information technology and other equipment, and manage course enrolment.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on programme implementation progress and give input where necessary based on quality improvement.
- Document learnings from programme implementation, to contribute to the continuous adaptation, refinement and improvement of the programme across the city network.
- When possible, conduct field visits to monitor and report on programme quality.
- Contribute to evidence generation and knowledge exchange on the impact of learning and capacity development methods.
- Disseminate learnings and best practices through communications and publications.
- Professional experience either as an undergraduate or recent postgraduate in project management, capacity development, educational programmes, or other related area,
- Bachelor’s degree in a sector relevant to training and capacity building (e.g. economics, public policy, international relations, political science, health, education, organisational development, social sciences, etc.).
- Excellent grasp and experience of innovative learning and development methods.
- Good knowledge of e-learning platforms and practices.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a good ability to build relations across teams.
- Strong analytical, synthesis, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Oral and written fluency in English; a working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
How to apply
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that all documents are sent as PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “C/Can Capacity development Coordinator” in the email subject line. Applications should be received no later than 12 May 2021.
About the Organization
City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world as they work to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
The approach is built on the core principle that cities can drive impact at national level by crafting data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional, and local partners that reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was established as a standalone Swiss foundation in January 2019.