USAID/Lebanon is a lead donor in education, water, and essential services and champions good governance and economic opportunity for low-income Lebanese citizens. The purpose of this Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Lebanon (MEPL) is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff; and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance in Lebanon over the course of five years. Information gathered and program support services through this project will assist the USAID/Lebanon mission to make informed decisions and better manage USAID/Lebanon implementing partners’ (IP) performance throughout the country. The project will provide consistent, relevant, and frequent performance monitoring and reporting of Mission activities and projects, day-to-day information needed to make management decisions, and most importantly, field monitoring support to USAID Lebanon staff, especially for activities located outside of greater Beirut.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Capacity Development Manager will be responsible for the coordination and articulation of capacity building and learning support services to USAID/Lebanon staff, USAID Implementing Partners, local organizations/stakeholders of MEL topics. This support will enhance USAID/Lebanon’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E), learning, and adaptive management capacities that will help achieve the Mission’s results and comply with USAID M&E regulations. The Capacity Development Manager will organize and facilitate training courses and workshops, individual coaching sessions, and other related events for USAID staff and implementing partners.
· Design and conduct training needs assessments in collaboration with USAID/Lebanon and technical teams to identify needed trainings.
· Coordinate learning activities (training courses/workshops, coaching sessions, etc.) of USAID staff, USAID Implementing Partners, local organizations/stakeholders that build their capacity in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) methodologies and USAID staff capacity to collect, analyze and report on USAID PMP data.
· Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of all project capacity development activities.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in capacity-building management.
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, public administration, social science, economics or a related field.
· Experience coordinating learning events.
· Experience with participatory capacity development methodologies.
· Monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
· Instructional design experience preferred.
· Proven project management and planning, organizational, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and preparations of written reports.
· Experience with USAID preferred.
· Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.