Case Management Consultant - COVID 19
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. Governments have had to start prevention, containment and mitigation measures without a complete understanding of viral transmission, epidemiology or effective supportive treatments for COVID-19. The USAID HP+ Activity is supporting developing countries strengthen their health system to respond to COVID-19 emergency. The CM consultant will be based in the target country and will work with MoH and partners to improve CM measures related to COVID-19.
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in target countries in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Provide specialized advice and expertise in COVID-19 case management considering internationally recommended standards.
- Develop/adapt appropriate screening and triage protocols for health facilities, isolation centers and community case finding.
- Develop/adapt home care protocols for COVID-19 positive or suspected patients quarantined at home.
- Develop/adapt operational consideration for COVID-19 patients both at the facility and community levels.
- Provide advice and expertise for procurement of equipment and supplies needed for managing COVID-19 cases.
- Support MoH and partners in reviewing and updating existing MoH clinical guidelines on the management of Acute Respiratory Infection suspected of COVID-19.
- Develop/adapt appropriate guidelines for referral of suspected COVID-19 cases to health facilities.
- Provide Advice, education and support to frontline health workers in select health facilities on COVID-19 case management.
- Support MoH in developing necessary guidelines on contact tracing, risk communication and community engagement.
- Support development of guidelines for management of deaths due to COVID-19 cases.
- Provide advice for development of guidelines on social distancing both targeted and universal.
- Technically support development of job aides, training materials, information sheets on COVID-19 related COVID-19 case management.
- Employ continuous quality improvement methods to improve quality of case management both at the health facility as well as at the community levels.
- Plan curriculum & present content for virtual training and case discussions on need based.
- Continually update evidence in protocols and guidelines considering changing international standards.
Required Qualifications: <>