The Consortium for Elections and Political Processes (CEPPS) maintains a consortium-wide database of indicators used for projects funded under the USAID Global Elections and Political Transitions (GEPT) mechanism. The GEPT database is designed to house all indicators being used in GEPT products and is a key resource in GEPT Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Knowledge Management (KM) initiatives. CEPPS is seeking an experienced Database Consultant who will support the GEPT M&E Specialist in management of the GEPT database for data storage and reporting purposes.
It is expected that the selected Contractor will work an average of approximately 20 hours a week on the responsibilities outlined above, with variances in time spent dependent on CEPPS workflow. It is expected that in the initial month of the contract, the Contractor may need to work around 30 hours a week to acclimate her/himself to the CEPPS Indicator Database. CEPPS expects the Contractor to sign an initial 3-month contract for services which will be renegotiated based on need. In rare cases, travel to CEPPS field offices may be required to carry out the responsibilities listed above.
Working under the direction of the M&E Specialist, specific responsibilities for the Database Contractor will include the following:
- Liaise with the database developer, Newdea, as needed to support development and functioning of the database, and to troubleshoot emerging issues of a technical nature
- Maintain regular engagement with Newdea to understand updates to database structure and functionalities, and advise M&E Specialist in how these changes impact GEPT database
- Work with M&E professionals at all three CEPPS partners to develop and test new functionalities for the database, and provide reporting on use of database by program staff for monitoring and oversight purposes
- Develop guidelines and procedures for use of the database by CEPPS partner staff, and work with M&E professionals at all three partner institutions in delivering trainings on the database to CEPPS staff
- Support CEPPS partner staff in the input and management of data into the database, as well as in generating reporting from the database and addressing difficulties in these tasks
- Use database functionalities as well as other tools to streamline entry of indicators data into database for CEPPS program staff
- To the extent necessary and feasible, support aligning and sharing of data from database with external databases used by USAID missions to manage M&E data
- Other duties as necessary for management of the CEPPS Indicators Database
About the OrganizationThe International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is the world’s premiere election assistance organization, providing countries with technical advice and tools to run democratic elections. IFES is an international, nonpartisan democracy development organization that works to give people a voice in the way they are governed.
Every IFES project is staffed by local personnel and partnered with local organizations. With this homegrown approach, IFES ensures the expertise it offers fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project.
Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States. IFES currently operates in new and developing democracies in over 20 countries. Our staff is truly global, with 150 professionals from 25 countries leading technical assistance projects for international and bilateral donor organizations such as USAID, the UN, DFID, the OSCE and others.
IFES international professionals ensure that democracy solutions are home grown. Every IFES project team partners with local organizations, and every project is staffed by local personnel. Whether establishing a civic education project in Bishkek or a new independent election authority in Iraq, IFES professionals work closely with local networks to deliver expertise that fits the needs of the country or client, thus ensuring that the benefit of assistance lasts far beyond the life of the project.
From Haiti to Liberia to Afghanistan, IFES professionals provide technical assistance across many areas of democracy development. We have developed service lines and regional representation around the world that allow our professionals to deliver democracy solutions rapidly?with the innovation, experience and results that only an organization with almost 20 years of dedicated democracy work can do.