The Chief Development Director will be responsible for overseeing all activities relating to a successful development strategy. The Chief Development Director is expected to successfully secure funds for operating expenditures from foundations, individuals, corporations and government. This includes providing support for special events.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to increase philanthropic support over the next 3 – 5 years
- Lead and manage all fundraising activity to meet or exceed annual goals, providing leadership and guidance on the strategy by establishing priorities and monitoring goals across portfolios (foundation & corporate relations, major gifts, and planned giving)
- Report to CEO on evaluation of strategy vs. actualization of benchmarks as a whole and for specific campaigns
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects across portfolios with an emphasis on foundations and major gift donors; coordinate with appropriate volunteers or staff
- Staff the board fundraising committee and act as liaison regarding board participation in fundraising activities and networking opportunities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the Board of Directors and senior staff in the areas of solicitations, volunteer efforts and community building
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree or other professional degree preferred
- 7+ years of demonstrated skills in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors, individual major gift donors, and events
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Compelling writing style
- Familiarity with Salesforce software or a similar, advanced, development information management system.
- Willingness to travel regularly to California and occasionally to east Africa
- Professional demeanor and the ability to communicate with tact and interface effectively with business executives, senior corporate leaders, politicians, foundation representatives and clients
- Outstanding collaborative leadership and team skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Planning and analysis skills
- High follow-up and responsiveness
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage a diversified, innovative and effective fundraising program, and will have hands-on experience with major gift cultivation and solicitation. S/he will have a strong aptitude for managing relationships with founders, donors, board members, staff and volunteers, as well as corporate and foundation funders. An understanding of social enterprise programs and international development efforts within the healthcare space would be highly beneficial. A genuine passion for TIP Global Health’s mission is essential. The organization’s culture calls for someone who is emotionally mature, adaptable, collaborative and extremely passionate about primary health care and our global community.
There will be a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About the Organization
About TIP Global Health
Formerly The Ihangane Project (TIP), TIP Global Health is a nonprofit healthcare organization that began in 2008 as a grassroots effort to address health challenges in Rwanda. We have evolved into a highly effective model for delivering primary health care to vulnerable people everywhere – and a leader in the design and implementation of local health care delivery systems.