As a key member of our executive team, the CFO provides financial operational, programmatic, and functional support to the organization and supervises the accounting and finance department. Assists Executive Management on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and securing new funding.
- Strategically partner with the President/CEO to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing, and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, profitability, and cost control.
- Provide strategic counsel to the President/CEO with respect to administering, on a day-to-day basis, the financial and administrative operations of the organization.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Support pricing activities for new business, in collaboration with business development and operations staff, to improve win probabilities while positioning the team for delivery excellence.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of relevant processes and standard operating procedures, which assist in enhancing short-range and long-range financial and organizational stability.
- Oversee the investment and cash management strategy, has responsibility for banking and investment relationships. Develop cash management strategy to optimize cash balances in operating and short-term investment accounts for four separate entities.
- Perform market, customer, and project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance.
- Work with programmatic units to draft prospective programmatic budgets, determine the cost-effectiveness of potential service delivery, and establish DCAA provisional rate and pricing submission.
- Establish intercompany fee agreements, overseeing accounting, cash and investment transfers within and between companies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department to include monitoring and analyze monthly operating results against budgets.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports.
- Lead reporting, forecasting, and planning processes, including providing financial targets for profitable growth and proactive analysis of financial statements for opportunities to increase income. Ensure the accuracy of all financial statements and ensure strong program and project financial controls.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers to develop five-year business plans.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee and contribute to cost proposal preparation.
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues.
- Coordinate and oversee financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public.
- Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by Social Solutions including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Train, supervise, coach and guide department staff. Ensure new staff receive accounting policy orientations.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Management Team to ensure company objectives are met.
- Establish quality standards for service level requirements for finance and procurement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; CPA and previous government contracting/public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or a similar role in a mid to large government contracting organization, with mastery of Cost Accounting Standards, pricing and managing cost-based proposals/contracts, FAR Cost Principles, and other government procurement regulations.
- Experience in financial management of large complex organizations with both Government and commercial clients.
- Experience in operational management, business logistics, and contract negotiation.
- Previous working experience with international development and government agencies (e.g.: USAID, DHHS, DOD, DOS, etc. or others).
- Current working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint financial and accounting reporting system.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, GSA schedules, DCAA and Government Cost Accounting standards.
- Knowledge of various contract types (e.g.: CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M).
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Merger & Acquisition experience preferred.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.