Chief Information Officer
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
Position ideally to be based in Manila, Kuala Lumpur or California.
As Chief Information Officer (CIO) of World Vision International, you will be the highest Information Technology leadership role for World Vision. As CIO, you will have complete ownership of the establishment and execution of World Vision’s enterprise wide Information Technology strategy. You will ensure it aligns with Our Promise 2030, the organisation’s Strategic Plan, and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
As a valued senior leader in World Vision, you will participates in and contribute to overall enterprise business strategy development, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of leveraging information and technology in business model design, business processes re-engineering, products and services development, and support for competitive advantage.
- Strategy and Planning – Collaborate with the World Vision Executive leadership team and business partners to define and execute the digital business strategy for the global World Vision Partnership.
- Relationship / Resource Leadership – Act as a trusted advisor, and build and maintain relationships with other C-Level Executives and business unit leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Operational Leadership - Ensure effective IT financial planning and management – develop / own operating plans and IT budget. Deliver business cases and key information to support the annual Global IT budget and key future IT investments.
- Core Values - High level of Christian maturity and theological awareness with effective working knowledge of the principles of Christian life and ministry. Lead with integrity and live the World Vision Core Values.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields, or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience as CIO at two or more companies leading large, diverse IT organizations with global delivery models and 500+ employees.
- At least 15 years of Information Technology experience. Possesses extensive knowledge of current IT technologies, solutions and emerging trends.
- Deep Christian spirituality and sense of calling to the ministry and has lived abroad and or traveled extensively, preferably in developing countries.
- Demonstrates an ability to think strategically and be a forward thinker.
- Thorough understanding of key business issues and emerging trends from within the ministry. Ability, drive and intellect to understand the impact of new technologies on the ministry / business.
- Demonstrated ability to build an IT organisation to meet new business and strategic challenges leveraging leading-edge digital technology.
- Experience in leading IT organisations under a federal governance model with large numbers of stakeholders.
- Ability to travel internationally at least 40%.
Is this the job for you?
This is an exceptional opportunity for a servant leader with a clear sense of calling and demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in having led and succeeded in global fast paced, complex organisations.
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills and experience for the role, please visit www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference 3724. The deadline for applications is 9AM BST on Monday 10th September 2018.
Protecting your personal data is of the upmost importance to Perrett Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerised database and transferred to our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in. Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legal basis for much of our data processing activity is ‘Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.