Position Overview: IBI is currently recruiting a Chief of Party in anticipation of a USAID-funded project based in Jordan. The project will aim to promote broad-based, inclusive economic development in Jordan by improving productivity, profitability, and strategic planning for growth for micro, small, and medium enterprises. The project will also support improvements to the business enabling environment as well as investment facilitation. The Chief of Party (CoP) will be responsible for all aspects of project implementation: he/she will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner, and work with various stakeholders, including high level Jordanian government and USAID officials.
- Plan, organize and supervise the overall activities under the task order
- Coordinate technical support and meetings with GoJ officials, business leaders, chambers of commerce, and the trade community
- Serve as the institutional liaison to USAID and public and private sector stakeholders
- Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation as needed
- Amend project objectives to reflect changing priorities
- Oversee all financial and administrative activities
- Must have university degree in a relevant field of international development (Masters’ degree preferred).
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in international development program management on donor-funded projects. Experience with U.S. Government (USG) assistance or contractor of the USG required.
- Minimum of five years supporting business enabling environment reforms in developing country contexts
- Knowledge of the local context as it relates to the business environment in Jordan, including experience in Jordan, strongly preferred.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.