Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Global Health, Education, and Economic Growth/ International, based in Liberia
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) Activity. The COP will provide technical leadership on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) as a core part of DELTA’s support to USAID/Liberia. DELTA is designed with the purpose of building mission teams’ agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context of Liberia and produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Liberia on overall project management matters and will serve as the main point of contact with the COR and USAID/Liberia’s Contracting Officer. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring control and the overall responsiveness of project activities and deliverables under the USAID/Liberia DELTA contract. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for overall compliance with the contract.
· Provide overall management, guidance, and direction to the project team.
· Supervise a team of project staff and subcontractor personnel.
· Oversee the completion of all deliverables required under this project as well as overall compliance with the task order.
· Provide overall management of the project team, including technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations.
· Lead the development of the Annual Work Plan.
· Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel based in the Mission.
· Serve as a contributing writer for all deliverables as needed.
· Manage subcontractor and consultant financial, contractual and compliance issues.
· Ensure compliance to IBTCI global policies and establish additional standard project implementation and operations procedures and schedules as needed.
· Manage the project field office budget, financial reporting, local procurement and vendor purchase orders.
· Oversee staff and subcontractor security in Liberia.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in international development monitoring and evaluation
· At least 5 years of experience managing USAID projects
· Excellent client responsiveness and a proven track record of successful program implementation and production of high-quality deliverables
· Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in fragile settings
· Strong financial management skills and experience managing USAID contracts
· Expertise in USAID policies and practices for performance monitoring
· Proven experience managing sub-contractors
· Excellent team work, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills
· Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Liberia as needed
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or related technical field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Previous technical experience working on programs implemented in Liberia
· Familiarity with development issues related to health, energy, agriculture, and democracy
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.