CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) contract.
*The position is contingent on contract award.
Provide strategic and technical leadership for the activity while working closely with in-country and headquarters-based activity staff. The Chief of Party shall collaborate with USAID/Nepal’s program office, expanded M&E team, technical teams, and other COPs managing USAID projects to ensure that our support is meaningful and useful to the Mission and partners. S/he must be able to oversee performance and impact evaluations, monitoring support, and capacity building and learning activities, ensuring that every deliverable exceeds client expectations.
- Provide leadership on the project by proactively engaging USAID, partners, and activity team members to provide useful MEL support. This involves deep collaboration with the USAID Mission and implementing partners to identify, design, and implement high quality MEL support.
- Identify adjustments in scope and operations to ensure that the project adapts to changes in need and context.
- Provide quality assurance and responsiveness on all aspects of the MEL lifecycle, including design, data collection, analysis, reporting, collaboration, and learning.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure timely submission of all deliverables, and rapid responses to task orders.
- Supervise and empower all technical and administrative staff on the project.
- Collaborate closely with technical and operations staff.
- Represent the team at local, regional, and international meetings, as required.
- A master’s degree or higher in a field relevant to MEL of USAID/Nepal activities, such as economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, or agriculture.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience focused on MEL activities for international development projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing international and local staff.
- Must be able to quickly and effectively assemble and manage interdisciplinary, multicultural and gender balanced teams.
- Deep experience developing useful and feasible indicators/measures and associated data collection/analysis strategies for both monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Demonstrated capacity in evaluation good practice, including utilization focused evaluation, participatory approaches to evaluation, and evaluation ethics.
- Deep M&E methods experience, (including sampling strategies), and demonstrated capacity to oversee quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Past experience leading data quality assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting. USAID experience is desired.
- Strong written and oral communication in English.
- Experience working in South Asia. Experience working in Nepal preferred.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at CAMRIS.com
. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.
More Jobs from this Organization