Deloitte Consulting LLP, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party for an anticipated multi-year USAID-funded initiative for improving water and sanitation sectors using a market-based approach in Tanzania.
The purpose of the project is to support the Government of Tanzania in achieving measurable improvements and greater sustainability of the water sector by providing technical assistance to strengthen the access to sustainable water services, mobilize WASH financing, expand the market for sanitation and hygiene services, and build capacity of local entities to support water stewardship.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for:
- Provide overall project leadership, management oversight, and technical direction
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, consultants, and subcontractors, including technical implementation, finance, administration, training, and donor relations
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Lead implementation of the strategic, long-term programmatic vision of the project
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Design and lead technical activities and deliverables
- Manage risks of project implementation and implement risk mitigation techniques
- Ten years of progressively responsible professional work experience in an international development organization, national government or the private sector. A significant portion of the experience should be in the water sector, either through sector governance, service delivery and access, or capacity building. Additionally, experience working in and around East Africa is highly encouraged.
- Demonstrated track record of providing leadership to complex donor projects. Experience working on USAID-funded projects highly regarded.
- Advanced university degree (minimum Master’s degree level) in a relevant discipline.
- Proficiency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili is desirable.
Level of Effort:
This is a full-time position.
This position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
What we need from you:
A cover letter explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity as well as a current CV in reverse chronological format.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
About the Organization
Deloitte is a globally recognized professional services organization with a business practice devoted to promoting economic development and poverty reduction in emerging markets. For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.