Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chief of Party to lead an anticipated USAID-funded Non-Majority Communities Project in Kosovo. The project has been designed to foster non-majority communities’ participation in Kosovo’s institutions and society. The objectives of this project will:
- Create tangible and sustainable avenues for constructive partnership between: (a) non-majority and majority communities; and (b) the Government of Kosovo (GoK) and non-majority communities, to enable long-term inter-ethnic interaction and ensure that the key needs of non-majority communities are met.
- Improve economic opportunities in targeted municipalities.
- Increase the efficiency and capacity of targeted municipal administrations to respond to the needs of all their citizens.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the day-to-day operational and technical oversight of all programmatic activities from implementation through close-out; be responsible for management of field office and staff; oversee fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables; maintain and expand relationships with existing local partners in the donor, governmental and non-governmental sectors as well as with other stakeholders; and ensure that project activities are implemented according to the project design, work plan and donor requirements.
- Masters degree required from an accredited university in a relevant field of study, such as Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, International Development or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of senior-level experience leading and directing international development projects as a country director/chief of party or deputy chief of party; experience managing USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop staff capacity in cross-cultural settings.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in and maintain strategic partnerships, excellent collaborative relationships with NGO and government entities, international NGOs and donors.
- Strong management and supervisory skills; achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Significant experience implementing public-private partnerships, community mobilization, economic development and/or livelihoods recovery programs.
- Experience in managing highly visible and politically sensitive projects.
- Proven success in dealing with complicated partnerships and skills in prioritizing major strategies and critical relationships.
- Knowledge of EU standards and requirements a plus.
- Nuanced understanding of current social, political and economic circumstances in Kosovo required; previous experience working in Kosovo or the Balkans preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English; knowledge of Kosovo local languages preferred.