FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party in Colombia.
FHI 360 seeks a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded activity in Colombia that aims to support locally-driven solutions to increase transparency and accountability and reduce corruption, and to help strengthen citizen-responsive governance and increase citizen trust. The activity will engage multi-sector actors and a range of civil society partners, with a focus on strengthening and building the capacity of civil society organizations to combat corruption and promote transparency and accountability. Position is contingent on funding.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the primary point of contact with USAID/Colombia with regards to day‐to‐day activity implementation and management matters relating to the Cooperative Agreement. The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed. Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Public Policy, Public Administration, Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate at least ten (10) years of international development work experience (the bulk of which must be within developing countries) with increasing responsibility in a senior management position; at least five (5) years of which include a focus on anticorruption, transparency, citizen participation, oversight, and accountability work.
- Experience implementing development projects similar in scope and value; USAID experience preferred.
- Must have experience working collaboratively with and integrating work among a broad range of government officials, international donors, implementing partners, and other relevant sector stakeholders.
- Must have experience working in complex environments and managing diverse teams to deliver impact.
- Experience working in the LAC region required; specific experience in Colombia highly preferred.
- Experience managing Social and Behavior Change Communication programming is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.