Blumont is looking to identify a Chief of Party (CoP) for future work in Colombia. The anticipated 5-year program is funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of the program is to provide continued support to conflict victims and survivors, ex-combatants, and other citizens. Through this programming, USAID aims to improve citizen access to mental health and psychosocial support services (MHPSS).
The CoP is a senior leadership position and will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and quality assurance of the project. S/he will also provide technical assistance. The CoP will be Blumont’s primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the relevant Ministries and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The CoP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities, and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Blumont’s regulations.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines
- Lead start up activities including offices establishment and team recruitment
- Ensure technical compliance with the agreement/contract with USAID and timely delivery of project activities
- Oversee systems for project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement to ensure that program results are met
- Proven leadership and organizational skills; demonstrated success managing and coordinating large and disparate work groups
- Ensure proper financial management, procurement, human resources and logistics management in compliance with Blumont’s policies
- Create a positive working environment for all staff and ensure fair professional growth and training opportunities for team members
- Facilitates collaborative partnerships between related Ministries, donors, and relevant stakeholders
- Represent Blumont and the project before USAID and in coordination meetings with national institutions and international donors
- Work with the project’s security focal person and Blumont’s regional security focal person to develop and maintain systems that promote the safety and security of all team members
- Support identification of growth opportunities in the region
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree required in conflict resolution, International Affairs, International Development, public health, or related discipline
- Proven success serving in a leadership role for a project addressing issues related to post-conflict public health, mental health, community resilience, MHPSS, peacebuilding or community resilience
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in implementing international development projects, preferably in the fields of mental health, psychosocial support, or conflict survivors
- Previous experience as CoP for large-scale USAID funded projects for a minimum of five years. Experience in Colombia is preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs
- Knowledge of and familiarity with USAID program requirements, and their policies and regulations
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships with host governments’ institutions, local and international NGOs, and donors
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; professional proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Colombian citizens are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.