Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm based in the United States that specializes in economic growth, public financial management, governance, and human and institutional performance improvement. Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 40 projects in over 70 countries. To learn more please visit our web site at www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is currently looking for a Chief of Party (CoP) for an upcoming USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment and Transformation (WEET) program in Pakistan. The WEET project seeks to reduce the gender gap in economic opportunity between Pakistani men and women. This project will assist women in focus areas - FATA/KP, Northern Sindh, South Punjab, and potentially Balochistan - to earn higher incomes, build support for larger economic roles in local communities, and reduce gender based violence. The CoP will be responsible for the entire program and its results, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high level Pakistani government and USAID officials. The project seeks to provide consulting and technical assistance to women-owned micro businesses and women workers in targeted value chains. It also seeks to strengthen the acceptance of women’s labor and social participation in local communities.
Employment Location: Islamabad, Pakistan, with travel throughout Pakistan
Period of Performance: The period of performance is three to five years.
Functional Responsibilities: The CoP will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, and suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Political or Social Science, International or Gender Studies, Business Administration, or related filed.
- At least 7 years of substantive experience at international senior programmatic position with recognized expertise and experience in gender; particularly mainstreaming and public policy analysis;
- Minimum of 5 years of international consulting experience on economic development and business growth programs for women
- Previous work in Pakistan
- Background in working with USAID or on USAID projects including having knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Significant experience related to community engagement, communications and outreach, and capacity building,
- Familiarity with micro-enterprise, the informal labor market, rural economies
- Fluent in English
- USAID may provide additional qualifications not listed here.
To Apply: Please go to www.ibi-usa.com/jobs and upload your resume. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.