Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Chief of Party for a potential 4-year data verification program in Haiti funded by USAID. The purpose of the program is to verify performance of health service delivery data.
The Chief of Party leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including vision and technical strategy; project management; documentation and communication; client(s) stakeholder(s) relationships; and coordination and synergy with other MSH projects and collaboration with MSH Country Representative and the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) where applicable. This accountability includes effective contribution to business and resource development activities - including positioning, intelligence gathering, and proposal development - that contribute to fueling MSH’s mission.
This position is contingent upon award and funding.
1. Project Results:
a. Oversee implementation of program activities and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
b. Serve as the primary project liaison from MSH to the donor and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
c. Safeguard MSH’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
2. Technical Strategy and Vision:
a. Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute project results framework, performance monitoring plan, technical strategy, M&E plan and annual work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, MSH technical frameworks and standards, and RMS guidelines.
b. Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact and business development using a variety of communication strategies and media.
3. Project and People Management:
a. Ensure effective contract/agreement implementation in strict compliance with contract/agreement clauses, MSH and donor policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
b. Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
c. Manage and mentor the project team as per MSH policies and guidelines and implement an effective performance-management program including regular check-ins, annual appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
4. Client and other Stakeholder Relationships:
a. Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
b. Identify and keep track of new business opportunities, communicating them to the relevant internal MSH stakeholders.
5. Coordination and Synergy:
a. Collaborate with the MSH Country Representative and participate as required in activities organized in the context of MSH Representation in country.
b. Ensure harmonious collaboration with and cost-effective use of the Country Operations Management Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
6. Liaise/collaborate with MOH as appropriate.
1. MPH, MBA or master’s level degree in related field.
2. 8+yrs, of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
3. Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in technical content relevant to the project.
4. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
5. Prior experience and success directing international donor-funded projects of $5-10 million dollars.
6. Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
7. Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
8. Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision. Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
9. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
10. Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
11. Fluency in English and French required.
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health, an international nonprofit organization, is dedicated to closing the gap between what is known and what is done about public health problems. MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.