The USAID Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain (NextGen GHSC) has an overarching goal to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, lifesaving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. The expected suite of programs will work to improve the capacity of global supply chains and enhance the ability of in-county supply chains to support end-user delivery. Within this global initiative, the Control Tower Platform will provide visibility of commodities procured through multiple NextGen GHSC suit of programs: Procurement Service Agent (PSA HIV), Procurement Service Agent Diagnostics, Procurement Service Agent Malaria, and Procurement Service Agent Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, and Other Health Element procurements, as they move through the procurement and delivery cycle. This program will track orders and manage performance of their individual program supply chains within this common platform with separate security access and control given to users.
DevTech is seeking a Chief of Party/Director to lead the USAID NextGen GHSC Control Tower Platform team with the design, implementation, and management of the GHSC Control Tower. The Chief of Party/Director will work with other DevTech technical experts to develop solutions to address supply chain performance challenges and improve operational efficiency, using both proven and innovative approaches adapted to the developing country context. The Chief of Party/Director will be responsible for the overall administrative and operational aspects of the program. They will manage the technical and financial performance of the activity and provide technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters. The Chief of Party/Director will ensure technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to DevTech’s policies and procedures and consistent with USAID regulations. They will regularly coordinate with DevTech’s Management Team and maintain routine communication around the program’s progress and potential issues.
- Lead the technical team to design, implement, and ensure smooth operation of the NextGen GHSC Control Tower.
- Oversee the integration of the Control Tower with operational systems of procurement service agents, freight forwarders, warehouse providers, and manufacturers as needed.
- Oversee coordination with other GHSC partners that will share data with the Control Tower.
- Guide the development of Control Tower standard operating procedures.
- Ensure data quality standards to meet expectations of Control Tower reliability.
- Lead development of Control Tower analytics, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Manage the development of innovative supply chain optimization tools, including the use of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Guide coordination with in-country partners depending on coverage requirements for the Control Tower.
- Report to USAID on project progress and performance.
- An MBA, master’s degree, or higher in business, engineering or economics.
- 15 years of managerial and technical experience in supply chain management and systems strengthening in developing countries, with expertise in data management, forecasting and quantification, organizational systems, or governance;
- Strong understanding of supply chain management challenges in developing countries, as well as procurement process and delivery cycle;
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Methodologies;
- Demonstrated progressively responsible supervisory experience, including assembling teams and providing oversight;
- Proven ability to serve as primary point of contact and liaison between USAID contractor and CO/COR; and
- Strong communications skills and fluency in English.
- Prior in-country experience working on donor-funded programs in developing countries, including Sub-Saharan Africa.
About the Organization
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.