Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for a 4 year, USAID-funded project in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This activity will strive to achieve a sustainable, conflict-free, artisanal gold supply-chain originating in eastern DRC using a private-sector led approach to promote inclusive economic growth and reduce the influence of armed groups on artisanal mining cooperative and communities.
The COP will be responsible for overall activity management including: leadership in attaining minimum required program results; regular collaboration and communication with USAID, consortium partners, and Global Communities headquarters; and identification and mitigation of operational and programmatic risks.
* Provides overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Responsible for meeting program targets, as well as ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
* Ensures the establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations as well as compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
* Acts as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations sharing program activities and results .
* Master’s degree in international development, economics, market or trade, or other related areas.
* Demonstrated experience in working with a range of stakeholders, including CSOs, private sector, cooperatives or others to support activity objectives.
* At least 8 years of prior relevant management experience, of which at least 4 years must be working with international cooperation agencies and in complex political settings.
* Demonstrated experience with supply chain strengthening or value chain activities preferred.
* Demonstrated success working in complex environments and implementing successful conflict mitigation or similar activities preferred.
* Experience managing USAID programs required. Prior experience implementing development programs in Africa, particularly DRC or in the Great Lakes Region, is preferred.
* FSI Level 4/4 fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.