Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) for a large USAID-funded regional economic growth project in East Africa. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel throughout the region. Only candidates who are authorized to work in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, or Zambia should apply.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight to the project.
- Supervise all key project personnel.
- Act as project liaison with USAID.
- Develop relations with regional private sector and value chain associations.
- Work with donor-funded and government-operated region-wide mechanisms and agencies to collaborate on project outcomes.
- Oversee the project’s monitoring and evaluation system to ensure data quality and reporting.
- Develop project workplan, budgets, and annual reports.
- Oversee the Grants Under Contract mechanism.
- Ensure timely submission of project deliverables.
- Master’s degree in agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience managing and implementing agricultural development programs.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in building, managing, and supervising a team, including substantial experience managing large development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with intergovernmental or government representatives and other stakeholders, particularly at the regional level.
- Demonstrated experience addressing the regional agricultural development issues facing the greater East Africa region.
- Commitment to gender equality in regional integration, trade, and nongovernment organizations.
- Prior experience managing a U.S. government-funded activity, preferably a USAID-funded activity.
- Work experience in sub-Saharan Africa/East Africa mandatory.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).