CORE International is seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) to lead a three-year activity being implemented for the USAID/RDMA Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia Activity in Bangkok, Thailand. S/he will be responsible for overall activity management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and will serve as the principal Point of Contact (POC) for the USAID Contracting Officer Representative (COR). The COP will be responsible for management and oversight of all personnel and all activities emanating from the Activity office in-country, management of Activity resources to contractually meet all milestones in a timely manner, and perform scheduling, management and oversight to ensure the Activity’s results as contractually required. The Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia activity will identify challenges for gender equality in the energy sector in Southeast Asia and implement solutions to overcome them. As a regional program, implementation will occur in Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, all managed from a central office in Bangkok, Thailand.
The COP will provide strategic vision for managing the Components and Tasks of this Activity. The COP will be responsible for the quality and performance of all work that is subcontracted to other partners. The COP will be full-time for the duration of the activity and will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, gender, energy, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum ten years of experience in program management with experience in Southeast Asia.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse (and at times, remote) staff.
- Experience in managing international development programs, including demonstrated sensitivity to local cultural and political context, cooperation among other donors and development projects, and host country institutions
- Expertise and experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment issues within the energy sector
- Interpersonal, leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Relationship and previous experience working directly with partner governments, donors, and the private sector in Southeast Asia
- Fluency in spoken and written English
About the Organization
CORE International, Inc. is a global development management consulting firm. We provide technical, economic, financial and management solutions to major infrastructure and economic growth, development, capacity building, and empowerment projects worldwide. Since 1984, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foreign government entities, and private sector clients worldwide.