Job DescriptionResearch Triangle Institute (RTI) is seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming regional Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity out of West Africa. This project will help the USAID/West Africa Mission to more effectively implement its projects by coordinating its activities; learning from experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought-leader in the West Africa region. The Chief of Party is responsible for project activities and coordination with the Mission and local stakeholders. The COP must ensure all activities are in line with RTI•s organizational learning approaches as well as the USAID Evaluation Policy and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) best practices. This position will be based in Ghana but will spend a considerable amount of time in Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso, and Cameroun.
The Responsibilities of the Chief of Party include:
- In collaboration with the Mission and partner projects, developing knowledge sharing & learning platforms which create mutual exchange of best practices among projects and improved tools and methodologies shared through the CLA approach under the project;
- Building partnerships and collaborating with USAID•s regional democracy and governance, peace promotion and CVE projects as well as local and regional organizations working in the sector, including civil society organizations, local government units, private sector representatives, local communities, and universities and institutions;
- Supervising all staff and activities implemented in the field, and adhering to the project budget;
- Ensuring the completion of all CLA and M&E activities across project results and ensuring learning by all staff, stakeholders and partners;
- Liaising closely with verification activities in the field, conducted through Third Party Monitoring partners; and
- Managing any subcontracts and grants with local partners, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Masters• degreein business, economics, statistics, international development, public policy or a relatedfield with 12 years of experience or a Bachelor•s degree and 16 years of experience;
- At least 10 years• technical experience in international development serving as a Chief of Party or Senior Program Manager;
- Experience workingin West Africa;
- Experience or familiarity with accepted best practices in CLA and Monitoring and Evaluation in non-permissive environments;
- Demonstrated understanding of cost-benefit analysis;and the use of GIS technology for mapping and online visualization of project results;
- Experience or familiarity with CLA approaches and the development of project learning agendas;
- Excellent oral and written English and French language communication skills.
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About the OrganizationIDG International Resources Group