World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, Ghana WASH you will have overall responsibility for coordination of all WASH grant activities and staff for an upcoming USAID WASH program. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. Please note that this position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Ghana.
You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the WASH grant. You will have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
You will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to child-wellbeing outcomes.
- An advanced degree (master’s or above) in international development, public administration public health, or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and technical field in developing countries
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects.
- Proven ability to coordinate with other key stakeholders such as governmental and non-governmental organizations in Ghana.
- Proven ability to manage of large integrated grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Experience as a CoP or senior expert advisor required.
- Fluency in English.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 NOV 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.