World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, Global Fund - Central African Republic, you will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program. You will have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively with the ministry of Health, Government of Central African Republic and all stakeholders. You will manage a team of senior staff and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health and/or a Degree in Medicine, and/or project management or a post-graduate degree in a similar related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the management of or in the administration of complex health projects (Global Fund experience preferred) at the national level; minimum five years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or multicultural environment at the national level.
- Familiarity with Global Fund programs, their history and their development; mastery of Global Fund regulations governing such programs.
- At least 5 years experience in managing a malaria project /program at the national or international level. Hands on experience in and good knowledge of implementing LLINs distribution (both through mass campaign and continuous distribution) is required. (preferred)
- Good verbal and written skills in French is essential, English is required.
- 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 Dec 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.