Job Title: Chief of Party I, Climate Resilient Cities
Head of Programming, Philippines
Asia, Philippines, Country Programming
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Philippines, established in 1945, is the longest running, continuous CRS country program in the world with extensive programming in peacebuilding, emergency response and recovery, and disaster risk reduction. The Philippines country program has over 150 staff members in Manila, Davao, Iligan and Catarman offices. CRS Philippines is committed to collaborating with our strong network of church partners, national and subnational government agencies, and secular NGOs throughout the country.
As Chief of Party I, you will provide leadership and overall management of the five-year USAID-funded project Climate Resilient Cities, to improve resilience by strengthening the adaptive capacities of cities in the Philippines to manage the impacts of climate change and access climate finance and to enhance stakeholders’ knowledge on climate information for planning and decision-making. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) with a focus on Climate Change Adaptation (CCA). As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
** THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON DONOR FUNDING **
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the Climate Resilient Cities project, including sharing how the project contributes to the thought leadership of the fields of CCA and DRR. Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID/Philippines as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability. Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with USAID standards, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to USAID.
- Recognized leader in CCA, DRR or Emergency Response as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy is a plus.
- Ability to effectively represent CRS, USAID/Philippines and the project at high-level meetings and forums. Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
*** Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.