Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party to lead the anticipated USAID Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA.) The purpose of this Activity is to support private sector-led economic growth for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The program will achieve the following results:
* Increased competitiveness of Jordanian MSMEs
* Improved business enabling environment
* Increased utilization of Financing
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, technical direction, and strategic direction for the program. The COP will work with USAID Jordan, the Government of Jordan, and other stakeholders to ensure that project goals are achieved. The position will be based in Amman, with frequent travel to local field sites.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Accountable for project implementation, ensuring timely and high-quality achievement of program targets and deliverables.
* Manage program budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Global Communities and donor resources.
* Using principals of adaptive management, solve challenges under tight deadlines while ensuring operational integrity and program impact.
* Maintain a strong network of key partners and stakeholders to increase sustainable impacts beyond the life of the program.
* Supervise program staff and partners.
* Master’s degree or MBA in finance, banking, business, economics or related technical area, strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated experience achieving results in working with Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises to increase competitiveness, improve the business enabling environment and increase utilization of financing.
* At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in business banking, trade or private sector development is highly desirable.
* Experience with Jordanian public agencies and ministries, as well as with private sector advocacy organizations, is desirable
* Experience as a Chief of Party or similar role in the implementation of activities/projects of similar complexity
* Experience in Jordan and/or regional experience strongly preferred
* Demonstrated expertise working with USAID rules and regulations.
* Experience working with international development agencies, recipient country governments, and the private sector in low-income countries is desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners, and ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of stakeholders, including donors, local government, civil society, and private sector.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required, Arabic preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .