Palladium seeks an experienced COP to lead the USAID-funded Health Finance and Governance (HFG) project. The mission of this $20 million 4-year project is to work with the Jordanian government and other stakeholders to strengthen health system advances in efficiency, capabilities, and governance supporting improved health status for the population of Jordan.
Overall, the Chief of Party will be responsible for leading and managing the HFG project on a day-to-day basis, liaising on a regular basis with the USAID AOR, representing the project to relevant Jordanian counterparts and other USAID Cooperating Agencies, and ensuring that the project’s objectives and activities are successfully achieved..
* Maintain regular communication with USAID, Jordanian counterparts, other USAID Cooperating Agencies, Palladium HQ and other relevant organizations
* Articulate and communicate the project’s vision to the HFG project team, Jordanian counterparts, other USAID Cooperating Agencies and other relevant project organizations
* Prepare and deliver formal and informal project-related presentations upon request by USAID, or as needed for other parties
* Promote the project among GOJ Ministry department heads, professional groups and other relevant parties
* Oversee the development of annual project workplans and monitor implementation of project activities as planned
* Provide intellectual leadership, technical input and management support to all project technical assignments
* Represent the project in best-practice knowledge-sharing forums and through special studies that document lessons learned
* Oversee the preparation of regular periodic reports to USAID on progress towards project objectives
* Ensure that Palladium hiring policies and procedures are adhered to during the recruitment and hiring of staff and consultants
* Oversee project staff performance, including conducting annual performance reviews
* Oversee management of on-boarding and termination of staff, ensuring that all USAID and Palladium policies and regulations are adhered to
* Ensure that all project-related contracts are developed and executed in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
* Oversee management of all project contract finances (budget and funds)
* Oversee management of commodity procurements, inventory and general logistics
* Conduct regular meetings with the project team as a vehicle for monitoring progress on, and providing leadership to project staff
* Master’s Degree in public health, public administration, health finance, economics or another related field
* At least 10 years of experience in a senior public health, health finance, economics, policy, governance, or related leadership position
* A proven track record of working effectively with host-country governments at various levels
* Fluency in English
* A thorough knowledge of USAID assistance policies and reporting requirements
* Jordan experience: An in-depth understanding of, and ability to effectively function in the Jordan political, cultural, and social landscape
* USAID experience: Previous experience as a Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Manager /Team Leader of a comparable multi-dimensional USAID project
* Capacity Builder: Experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity
* Results Oriented: Knows how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact
* Collaborative manager: Able to motivate staff to perform effectively toward project objectives
* A strategist and an innovator. Demonstrated creative and innovative problem solver with a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.