Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five year USAID-funded Kenya Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) project. The program will seek to empower communities and government institutions to take the lead in countering violent extremism (CVE).
Position contingent on award.
The COP will provide technical and administrative leadership of the project team and will be responsible for overall implementation, achievement of results, and contract management.
* Manage and mentor a team of local professional staff in the implementation of project activities.
* Ensure that program goals and objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
* Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, various Government of Kenya representatives, and Global Communities headquarters staff. S/he will ensure that all donor compliance and reporting requirements are met fully and in a timely manner.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with Kenya subcontracted NGO partners, civil society organizations, local governments, and the private sector to ensure sound implementation of activities funded by USAID.
* Oversee monitoring and evaluation and ensure that interventions accurately and professionally reflect project objectives.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as peace studies, conflict resolution, international development, international law, counterterrorism, criminal justice, sociology, or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
* At least ten years of demonstrated experience managing complex international development projects, with at least four of those in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya;
* USAID experience and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required. Senior leadership experience on a USAID program strongly preferred.
* Strong experience building relationships with relevant GoK ministries and institutions preferred.
* Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations to identify community needs and empower local, sustainable CVE networks to take action to address violent extremism.
* Experience managing donor funded programs of similar size and complexity is required. USAID experience is preferred.
* Experience utilizing CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) approaches is preferred.
* Fluency in English required.
Citizens of Kenya are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.