The purpose of the Kenya Strategic Information at the County Level Program is to support ongoing activities by the national and county governments and other development partners to strengthen outcome measurements, learning, and accountability (MLA) systems in order to provide quality data and synthesized information for planning, implementation, policy development, and decision making. This activity will focus its support in yet to be defined counties with the project office based in one of the focal counties.
It is envisioned that the project will address two sub-purposes:
1 Increased leadership and management capacity of county governments for effective outcome MLA systems.
2 Increased availability, analysis, and use of quality data
The Chief of Party (COP) will lead the Palladium team to achieve all program objectives. S/He will provide overall technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to the project team. The COP will be the principle point of contact for the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) and will have the authority to make decisions on behalf of Palladium and will have primary accountability for project requirements. S/He will coordinate and liaise with other stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, and USAID. The COP will work with the Deputy COP-Technical and other senior technical team members to lead the development and implementation of the project work plan. S/He will provide additional quality assurance and help ensure the timeliness of deliverables. S/He will work with the Finance and Administration Manager to oversee budgeting and the financial operations of the project, ensuring compliance with contractual, Palladium, USAID, and Kenyan requirements. The COP will also provide guidance and support on technical activities undertaken by the project related to informatics, data, M&E, and capacity building. The COP will coordinate on a routine basis with the Palladium home office and project partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Serves as a member of and leads the senior leadership team. As such, provides senior leadership, management oversight, and coordination on all matters project-wide.
* Provides subject matter expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff, and administrators.
* Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
* Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform contract tasks.
* Leads and/or reviews and monitors programmatic functions, i.e. development of work plans and budgets and quarterly/annual reports.
* Ensures quality of services and compliance, per project requirements.
* Provides functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets, as needed.
* Participates in and/or prepares necessary project-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
* Organizes and supports, as needed, project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
* Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
* Leads and assists in research, data collection, policy formulation, training, and capacity building efforts in support of contract/agreement activities and deliverables.
* Supervises the project leadership team and provides guidance to lower level staff members.
* Advanced degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
* 10+ years of experience in public health program management, health governance, health information systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, health informatics, or other field related to international health programs are required.
* Demonstrated success in collaboration and coordination across partners, sectors, and with home office.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
* Demonstrated experience managing HIS projects or programs.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, often within a required timeframe.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
* Ability to anticipate, respond, and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
* Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
* Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili required.
* Experience working with USAID and/or USAID partners is required.
Location(s): Kenya, TBD
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.