POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party
GROUP: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
REPORTS TO: Direct, Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
Winrock International seeks highly-qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for anticipated USAID-funded agriculture sector project(s) in Mali . Details below.
- Provide overall leadership to the project, managing staff and sub recipients, and serving as the primary liaison to the donor.
- Design and lead the technical approach, including piloting, testing, and scaling innovative implementation models and partnerships.
- Apply adaptive management and learning approach to evaluate program results and impact. Institute adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course correct activities that are not yielding desired results.
- Provide technical and administrative direction to project staff, consultants and partners, including identifying and responding to training and mentorship needs.
- Work in close partnership with donor to ensure alignment of project with donor’s strategic goals and objectives, and application of program-wide learning and collaboration.
- Coordinate and collaborate with host government programs and other donor projects to leverage resources and maximize results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Academic degree in international development, agriculture, natural resource management, social sciences, or other relevant fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex international development programs in Mali, the Sahel, and/or West Africa required – including experience in conflict or post-conflict environments.
- Previous COP experience on multi-million-dollar USG funded agriculture and livelihoods, resilience, humanitarian assistance, or market development projects is required.
- Experience designing, implementing and coaching project staff and partners on systems-based interventions required.
- Experience operationalizing the collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) framework in project implementation.
- Experience integrating nutrition, gender, and youth into economic growth programming.
- Experience integrating social and behavioral change communications into the design of training and capacity building programs.
- Proven track record developing successful partnerships with and supporting private and public sector actors.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate activities with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of underlying theories as well as practical experience designing/implementing activities that are responsive to USAID’s Feed the Future and/or Resilience Strategy.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks with private and public sector actors that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated understanding with USG M&E frameworks and reporting systems; Feed the Future M&E experience preferred. Skills in knowledge management, qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, data analysis, collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA) approach preferred.
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.