Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The International Republican Institute (IRI) is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated State CSO Countering Violent Extremism in the Philippines through Training, Programming, and Coordination Program. The purpose of this program is to increase the capacity of researchers, local community NGOs, and Local Government Units (LGUs) to work together to research, analyze, and address factors contributing to violent extremism (VE) in key areas of the Philippines.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in International Development, Political or Social Science, Public Administration, Conflict Studies or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in democratic governance and politics with some programmatic experience in countering violent extremism (CVE) and conflict mitigation and resolution.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, conflicting management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, managing, and implementing USAID-funded technical assistance projects.
- Substantial experience working on key result areas of the proposed activity, like community resilience, CVE, reintegration, or civic education.
- Prior experience in the Philippines or South-East Asia required; thorough understanding of violent extremism environment in the Philippines preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work on a multi-partner team.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, government agencies, media, and civil society.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency of Filipino preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Ensures, and coordinates with international and domestic implementing partners for proper and timely implementation of program according to the work plan and following donor requirements.
- Provides overall program leadership, management, and technical direction for the program.
- Manages and supervises the work of program personnel.
- Serves as the main point of contact for the Department of State’s Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (State CSO), establishes regular lines of communication with State CSO on all aspects of the program and ensures coordination with program partners, subcontractors, and domestic stakeholders.
- Serves as the official senior IRI representative in country, developing credibility and maintaining a high degree of professionalism to ensure good relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including Indonesian government officials, U.S. and foreign diplomats and donor agencies, and other State CSO implementing partners.
- Ensures program compliance with State CSO regulations and local laws.
- Oversees work planning, performance management, monitoring & evaluation processes, donor reporting, and strategic communications.
About the Organization
IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.