Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech ES, Inc based in Arlington, VA is recruiting a resident Chief of Party (COP) for an energy project. The COP will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia for the 5-year duration of the project beginning in late 2020.
· Serve as the overall project manager and point of contact for USAID/Indonesia for work planning, progress reporting, contract compliance and financial reporting.
· Lead a multi-disciplinary team of international and Indonesian program managers and experts related to electric utility modernization; deployment of advanced energy systems; transparent, best-value procurement; and regional integration and cross-border energy trade
· Identify and/or enhance opportunities to collaborate with other USAID/Indonesia Mission-sponsored projects and other USAID energy programs in Asia, other USG-sponsored cross-sectoral activities in Indonesia, and Government of Indonesia (GOI) agencies and ministries.
· Develop overall strategy and project activity design, programming of consulting, training and demonstration projects needed to achieve the projects expected results.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
· A minimum of 15 years of experience in implementing energy sector restructuring and reform, as well as considerable experience in innovative (gas and renewable energy) project development and procurement, energy planning, energy policy and electric utility performance improvement.
· Advanced degree(s) in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, economics, or law is required.
· Proven leadership of large-scale, multi-year international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting.
· International experience in countries undergoing power market reforms is crucial.
· Energy sector reform experience to include strengthening utility regulatory agencies, energy pricing, and quality of service for both electric and gas utilities.
· Experience working with government institutions, electric utility, regulatory agencies, private businesses and financial institutions.
· Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, as well as to develop a network of contacts among international donor officials and non-government staff.
· Excellent skills in intercultural communications and proven experience in facilitating dialogue among energy industry, financial sector and government and demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with senior representatives of national and local government, the private sector and civil society.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
· Prior related work experience in Asia with preference for South East Asian countries, especially Indonesia.
· Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and knowledge of the energy sector in Indonesia is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.