Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the ongoing USAID Sri Lanka Social Cohesion and Reconciliation SCORE) project. Sri Lanka SCORE is designed to positively transform relationships across traditional lines of division and foster the development of a common national identity among all Sri Lankans by supporting institutions, processes and stakeholders at the national, sub-national and community level-strengthening Sri Lankan-led efforts to build a more inclusive, cooperative, and resilient society to promote longer term reconciliation and peace.
The Chief of Party is the primary point of contact with USAID/Sri Lanka with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the award. The COP has overall responsibility for the project, ensuring quality control and the appropriateness and overall responsiveness of all activities performed. The COP also provides strategic vision and manages relationships with high-level host country and USAID representatives.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Overall management of the program, including staff and partner oversight, monitoring and evaluation and program implementation.
* Meeting program targets, as well as fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
* Ensure establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations.
* Acts as primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations on the program.
* Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
* Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns
* Bachelors’ degree or higher in international development, peace building, or related field.
* Senior leadership experience managing peace building and reconciliation related donor funded programs
* Knowledge of related technical areas such as transitional justice, capacity development, gender and youth empowerment, and people-to-people activities in a post-conflict environment.
* Demonstrated experience with the application of USAID rules and regulations.
* Experience implementing complex and multifaceted projects is required, with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-level host country governments, and international agencies
* Demonstrated experience stimulating participation across ethnic, religious, and language identify groups as well as participation by women and youth.
* Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with national and local government counterparts and civil society organizations.
* Prior experience in the region; Sri Lanka experience preferred.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in Tamil and/or Sinhalese preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.