Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Timor Leste focused on strengthening the capacity of local non-government organizations (NGOs). This project will help local NGOs become independent by strengthening organizational, advocacy, research networking, and financial capacity of selected NGOs as well as ensuring laws and policies enabling independent NGO operations are in place to enable the NGOs to provide sustainable advocacy on behalf of their constituents.
A Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between stakeholders in USAID/Timor Leste and in the public and private sectors. The Chief of Party will be required to:
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Cardno
- Serve as a primary point of contact and liaise with USAID, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Oversee the design and implementation of capacity development activities for select NGOs
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers timely results
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing programs of a similar nature in a leadership and management role
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in social sciences, international development, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on public policy reform and civil society strengthening, preferably in Timor-Leste or Southeast Asia
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, large subcontracts, or grants under contract
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, and public, private, and civil society partners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Timor Leste nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.