Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Burma Local Governance Strengthening Activity, a five-year activity to improve inclusivity and accountability at the sub-national level. The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction.
- Develop and execute a successful program strategy to strengthen local governance in Myanmar;
- Oversee project planning, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and operations in accordance with the highest standards
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors and establish and maintain relationships with national and sub-national government officials, local partners, and civil society leaders;
- Liaise with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical delivery;
- Oversee project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based approach;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Nathan procedures;
- Represent Nathan and the project at external events, meetings, and with all stakeholders
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Cultivate and lead an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, law, public policy, finance, international development, or a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in local governance, public administration, economic reform, local accountability, or similar technical expertise;
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position with a demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team on donor-funded programs, preferably USAID;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and build consensus among team members, partners, and stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English; and
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and navigate effectively with USG agencies, host country government officials, private sector stakeholders, and other donors, preferably in Myanmar.
- Fluency in Myanmar language;
- Previous work experience in and knowledge of the context of Myanmar
- Myanmar nationals are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.