DevTech is seeking Technical Experts in preparation for the upcoming USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo (USAID/DRC) Monitoring, Evaluation, Co ordination II (MECC II). The MECC II will provide support to the Democratic Republic of the Congo Operating Unit (DRC), the Central African Republic Operating Unit (CAR) and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU). The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the missions development outcomes. MECC II will also provide services to strengthen the MEL capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC. Throughout the activity, MECC II will:
- Perform strategic monitoring and analytics.
- Provide support in data collection, management, and dissemination, including geospatial data.
- Conduct evaluations, assessment, and other studies.
- Support the implementation of the mission CLA approach.
- Provide capacity building sessions to USAID’s staff and implementing partners specific to MEL and project management topics.
- Provide communication and outreach services.; and
- Perform Third Party Monitoring (TPM) in permissive and non-permissive environments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project in the DRC. The COP will work closely with the Mission’s leadership team, the Program Office and with technical office team leads, and other Chief of Parties managing Agency projects. Additionally, s/he will work with national government-level stakeholders to develop important professional relations with some of the most recognized policymakers, administrators, social scientists, and development professionals.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in an interdisciplinary area such as applied international development, international relations, strategic planning, project design and implementation, economics, or a related field.
- Progressive experience managing high-performing teams in international development settings.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Strong multicultural, interpersonal and supervision skills.
- Enthusiastic, charismatic, collaborative, with professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, the Mission’s expat and local senior professional staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office.
- Experience leading or supporting large-scale evaluation activities including performance evaluations, impact evaluations, assessments, or special studies.
- Experience in applied work in M&E, social science research, and economic analysis.
- Knowledge of M&E methods including, but not limited to, results framework construction, indicator development, survey design, statistical sampling, and quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.