Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming multi-year regional contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Ethiopia Mission. The Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) project will support the USAID TIGER Project - both its staff and its key stakeholders - to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
This is a long-term position expected to start in late 2021. The position is contingent upon contract award.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Ethiopia COR and Contracting Officer, and project stakeholders, on day-to-day activity implementation and management issues
- Provide vision and overall leadership to program operations
- Drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Oversee the training for staff and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors.
- Lead work planning and oversee all project management systems including finance and administration, human resources
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the program
- Ensure the USAID compliance and integrity of program operations
- Develop scopes of work for evaluations, and review results frameworks and theories of change.
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, project management, international development, public policy, business or related discipline.
- At least eight (8) years of experience managing development programs.
- Experience with adaptive management techniques and CLA practices.
- Experience conducting training and capacity building activities.
- Experience with the development and/or review of PMPs.
- Knowledge of M&E data collection methodologies and data quality standards.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, frequently, and effectively with the team, client, stakeholders, and other audiences.
- Proven ability, as project director, COP, or DCOP, to understand client needs, develop appropriate solutions, lead large teams, and manage complex programs.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Experience on prior USAID projects, particularly in East Africa, strongly preferred.
- Experience in Ethiopia preferred.
- Prior experience implementing USAID learning platform activities preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.