ME&A is recruiting a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Lebanon Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). The position will a be full-time, five-year position based in Beirut, Lebanon. The purpose of the contract will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Lebanon achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Chief of Party will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
Develop and oversee contract work plans and budgets based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach. Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks. Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and working environment in Lebanon. Oversee the training for staff (mainly the field monitors) and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors. Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner. Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID policies and regulations.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing countries is highly desirable.
- An advanced university degree in the relevant subject area is preferred, including academic coursework or concentration in International Development, program evaluation, measurement or program analysis or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring is required. Demonstrated experience in non-permissive, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments is required.
- Experience in the Middle East is highly desirable. Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing activity teams that have diverse backgrounds and skills is required.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries is required.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Modern Standard Arabic ability is desirable but not required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.