Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded youth leadership program in the Philippines. The Chief of Party will be based in Manila and will oversee all aspects of program implementation, providing vision to the program and ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Citizens of the Philippines are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program and the team; bring dynamic and creative approaches to foster innovation and create an environment conducive to youth development and political participation to meet donor deliverables
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials at the national and sub-national level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners
- Engage with program beneficiaries, youth leaders, youth groups, and other stakeholders; ensure that all stakeholder relationships are managed effectively
- Develop annual workplans in collaboration with staff and stakeholders, and oversee workplan implementation
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff
- Oversee program budgeting, financial management, and ensure contractual compliance
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities; promote a culture of learning and adaptation across the program
- Oversee program communications
- Ensure that IREX’s safety and security policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in social sciences, education, international development or a related field
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience in successfully managing leadership development or capacity building projects of similar size or scope
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance programs (with strong preference for past USAID-funded program management experience)
- At least five (5) years of experience in youth programming in the Philippines or comparable contexts preferred
- Successful past work in mobilizing stakeholder organizations and networks for youth political and civic participation highly preferred
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; youth-led groups, community officials, media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet program objectives
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=omZxcfwO&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.