Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party position on the anticipated $30-40 million USAID-funded Water Governance Activity (WGA) in Jordan.
The purpose of WGA will be to support the Government of Jordan (GOJ) to achieve measurable improvements and greater sustainability of the water sector by providing technical assistance to strengthen the GOJ’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts. WGA will increase accountable, sustainable, water sector management and governance by supporting and strengthening the GOJ’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall activity management, implementation, and oversight of the project. The COP will provide quality assurance and control of all program deliverables as well as provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field staff and operations. This position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
* Advanced degree in water management and governance, water utilities, international development, business, or relevant field;
* Experience as COP or Project Director on donor-funded programs of similar scale and complexity, with proven ability to oversee multiple activities simultaneously in multiple locations and engage with high level government representatives and project stakeholders. USAID funded project experience preferred;
* Demonstrated expertise in water utilities and/or water management and governance;
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; Arabic preferred.
* Experience managing large, long-term projects in the Middle East region required, Jordan experience preferred;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.