Chief of Party, Youth Initiatives, Latin America and Caribbean
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking dynamic and proven leaders with technical expertise and experience managing donor-funded programs as Chief of Party for a number of upcoming multi-year youth programs in the LAC region.
The Chief of Party will oversee all technical activities and staff with an adaptive management approach to project implementation. The Chief of Party will lead engagement efforts to closely collaborate with the relevant government agencies, international donor community and private sector actors to set the foundation for linking vulnerable youth, including young women, youth with disabilities to basic social resources of work, knowledge, security, and social capital to foster social inclusion through employment opportunities. The position will be subject to ACDI/VOCA award approval.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Manage and supervise work of all international consultants, local project staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, the scope of work, and annual work plans.
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, budgets and pipeline analyses, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to achieve project goals successfully and sustainably.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally driven, and adaptive management approach to project implementation.
- Facilitate the development of the project’s theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Master’s degree in business, education, development, or related field from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in workforce development, education, youth development, or directly related field with at least 5 years of work experience in the LAC region.
- 7 years of relevant management, supervisory, or technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope.
- Demonstrated experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education, and systems improvement.
- Proven ability to build relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations is required.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired.
- Commitment to the inclusion of youth and gender in programming.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments.
- Ability to travel within the region and international as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish/French preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to LACexperts@joinav.org. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.