Job DescriptionBrief Description:
Resonance is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) candidates to propose for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal project. The purpose of this activity is to promote energy alternatives to charcoal with the goal of reducing deforestation and forest degradation. The position is contingent upon contract award.
The Chief of Party will lead the program by providing management and technical direction. This position is responsible for the overall activities of the program through strategic leadership and decision making. The Chief of Party will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners, other stakeholders, and the Government of Zambia. This position will ensure full compliance with all USAID, Resonance, and other fiduciary policies and will oversee the project reporting process in line with donor requirements. The Chief of Party will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching. The COP is expected to have both the technical and management qualifications necessary to manage a complex environmental and renewable energy USAID‐funded program.
• Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Zambia and Resonance Home Office.
• Offer overall technical leadership and administrative management.
• Mentor and provide guidance to short- and long-term staff.
• Management of all financial oversight and procedures in compliance with USG regulation and Resonance policy.
• Provide regular and on-time reporting as required by USAID and Resonance.
• Travel to field sites regularly for monitoring and oversight.
• Master’s Degree (or higher) in business, international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of ten (10) years of program management and supervisory experience with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization
• Minimum of three (3) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries, preferably sub-Saharan Africa
• Demonstrated experience in renewable energy and/or household energy market development, natural resource management, climate change adaptation/resilience, sustainable forest management, and/or other areas related to sustainable livelihoods, conservation agriculture or biodiversity conservation.
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
• Demonstrated experience managing cross-cultural teams
• Proven success managing a multi-million dollar donor-funded contract or grant
• Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures
• Proven ability to meet targets and deadlines for a project of similar scope and size
• Ability and interest to live and work in Lusaka, Zambia.
• Ability to travel up to 20% internationally or domestically on short notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “COP, Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.