Chief of Party
IT Shows, Inc. is seeking a Chief of Party for a potential USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Coordination Contract in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The Chief of Party (COP) will lead the Program Technical and Management Team and provide overall technical, management, strategic direction, and financial oversight to the contract. The Chief of Party shall have the authority and responsibility to administer and manage the program.
This full time COP positon is for the term of the contract and will manage the entire contract and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall contract requirements, including staffing and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve this contract’s objectives. Her/his primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the project ensuring an integrated understanding among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the project SOW. The individual must ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations, collaboration and learning are consistent with contract deliverables. In collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party, this individual will be expected to identify issues and concerns related to Contract tasks in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. The COP makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the Contract, including any subcontracts. He/she must ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting. This individual must participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with Government officials, partners, and Implementing Partners (IPs).
His/her primary responsibilities shall include:
· Serving as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
· Ensuring effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the contract, overseeing all quality control and reporting.
· Interacting professionally with senior USAID Mission staff, implementing partners, and government officials.
· As requested, conduct or support events and seminars that promote collaboration and learning between USAID, IPs and other stakeholders, in addition to events and seminars that publicize major findings and/or disseminate final evaluation reports, as part of USAID’s learning agenda.
The Chief of Party (COP) must have:
· At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
· At least 3 years of experience as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
· Prior experience managing and conducting large scale performance and impact evaluations across a diverse range of sectors.
· Prior experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
· A graduate degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in addition to the required minimums.
· Excellent English writing skills and excellent English speaking ability required; Excellent French speaking a plus.
· Prior experience working in Africa / Latin America region is preferred.
IT Show, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).