Palladium is recruiting for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Health Service Delivery project in Niger and Burkina Faso. The goal of this project is to improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and higher levels of care. The project will strengthen health service delivery systems and operate at the regional and commune level in USAID-targeted regions. It will also engage national level stakeholders on key policies and capacities that affect service delivery.
The position will be based in Niamey with travel to project operation sites such as:
Tillaberi, Maradi, and Zinder in Niger, and Centre-Nord, Est, and Sahel in Burkina Faso.
* Provide technical guidance on child health, Integrated Community Case Management (ICCM), Integrated Management of Childhood Illness interventions (IMCI), routine immunization and nutrition through primary healthcare and community-based platforms. Guidance must be sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of Nigerian target-communities and USAID.
* The position will work within a team to support the state and local ministries of health to address barriers, and recommended protocols to scale routine immunization, and treatment for malaria, malnutrition, pneumonia, diarrhea and other common child health initiatives.
* Provide curriculum review, revision, and master training oversight and follow-up clinical mentoring to promote integrated child survival interventions.
* Provide guidance to facility and community-based structures to enhance identification of childhood illnesses and supporting referral systems between communities and facilities to ensure childhood illnesses receive the appropriate level of care.
* Liaise with monitoring and evaluation team, as well as ministry of health staff to encourage case management, follow-up, and surveillance of childhood illnesses.
* Work with partners, to provide key child health messages to radio-broadcastings, SMS and other community-based health messaging.
* Advocate with other ministries, community, NGO’s, and religious leaders to support and promote support and access to best practices for child survival.
* Contribute to and coordinate with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team on activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national and USG standards.
* Represent program at state level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups in relation to service/quality improvement of child health and related technical areas.
* Master’s degree in public health, nursing or medicine with 10 years of experience
* Must be intimately familiar with the context in Niger and have in-country experience with USAID programs.
* An experienced Child Health Advisor or any other closely related health care professional; other related courses (e.g. MPH, Nursing or other relevant degree) will be an advantage.
* Minimum 7 years of experience working in Child Health preferably in Niger or Burkina Faso
* Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in child survival
* Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions
* Experience with technical leadership for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs preferred
* Willingness to travel throughout Niger as necessary
Nationals of Niger Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Palladium is an EEO/AA employer and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, and veterans. Interested? Please submit your CV to the Palladium Group website. Applications close on July 25, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.